Beautiful soup tureen, vegetable in Limoges porcelain and its frame to the pretty surrounded by stripe floral decoration painted gold.
The Interior is decorated with a bouquet. Piece of collection. Late 18th - Early 19th century
. Types: Superb tureen Limoges porcelain.
. Origin: France
. Early 19th century
. Material: Porcelain from Limoges
. Size: Height: 21 cm Base: 12.5 cm diameter: 16.5 cm
. Order No. 1125
. State: Perfect state
«Limoges porcelain, a family history» ».
His childhood limousine brought the speaker to look into this story that does not begin in Limoges until the eighteenth century. Yet, it is already in the 13th century the West discovers that Marco Polo, on the return from his trip to China, called "porcelain". Between these two eras, many Western researchers are striving to discover the secrets of fine material. A certain Reverend Claude gets to Louis XIV, in 1664, the authorization of "counterfeit as beautiful porcelain, and more, than that which comes from the East Indies. We'll then make soft porcelain in St. Cloud, Chantilly, Vincennes, Sevres. The blue Hellot service intended for Louis XV is a wonderful example. But the soft porcelain being fragile and porous, to look for the way to get a hard porcelain like China, both white, translucent, sound, waterproof, ice and not reveled in the knife. This happens in 1709, with the discovery, in Saxony, a deposit of kaolin similar to that of China. Trade secrets are preserved during 20 years, then a Strasbourg workshop leader, Pierre Hannoung, gives them to Sèvres. However, research continues in France where Réaumur is working on the design of ovens and discovered in 1727, on soil samples sent from China by the father of Entrecolles, the East China consists of two parts, kaolin and the petunse. After him, the chemist Pierre Joseph Macquer is developing the process of obtaining hard porcelain, from kaolin which a deposit is discovered in Alençon.
In Limousin, the history of China begins with John the Baptist Darnet, surgeon, resident of Saint-Yrieix perch whose wife uses local white clay as a SOAP. This analysed land allows the identification of a kaolin similar to that used by the factory of Sevres. In addition, the presence near Yrieix, feldspar, quartz sand, very pure water and abundant forests is a set of ideal conditions for the emergence of the porcelain industry. With the protection of Anne Robert Jacques Turgot (1727-1781), intendant of the generality of Limoges, the first factory of the city is created. She holds the brothers association Grellet, traders, the cabinet-maker Massier and the technician Fournerat. In 1774, the production of this factory is free of any right of movement within the Kingdom, on the other hand, the obligation to mark the objects produced. They carry a time stamp it "CD count of Artois. Then the factory sold to the King himself, becomes "Manufacture Royale of Limoges porcelain", subservient to that of Sèvres in 1784. From 1788 to 1794, this factory management is entrusted to François Alluaud. But difficulties related to the turmoil of the Revolution and the Paris competition, force the sale of the factory to three workers. Today this company named "Former Royal factory". It is integrated since 1986 to the Bernardaud group. In any case, Alluaud, father and son, have given a strong impetus to the development of the porcelain industry in the Limoges country, because there, in 1840, sixteen creations made by other "families". Another adventure starts in 1840, that of the American David Haviland, importer of dishes New Yorkers, came to Limoges to choose his goods. Very quickly, this enterprising quaker opens a decoration workshop, before building its own factory in 1853. She becomes the largest city with more than 200 employees and 2700 tons of porcelain exported to New York. Home "Haviland Brothers & Co." won a gold medal at the Crystal Palace exhibition in New York, another in Paris, and is the provider of the White House. But the civil war put an end to the success and is filing for bankruptcy in 1863. In 1864, David Haviland based, this time with his sons, Charles Edward and Theodore, a new company "Haviland & co.". Theodore's mission to rebuild a U.S. customer. As for Charles Edward, it is man of exceptional case, and in 1865, he employs 165 painters for a total of 500 people. It is the first in the world to adopt a machine calibrated plates. The success is such that he opened in Paris a creative workshop, "the workshop of Auteuil". Alas, the company was dissolved in 1892 because of a quarrel between the two brothers Haviland. Charles Edward recreates a company in which the crisis of 1929 will be right. Meanwhile, Theodore, back in France, founded his own company with his son William who isthe administrator from 1912 to 1957.